Sunday, January 21, 2007

new self portrait in progress

I am experimenting with using multiple images layered on top of one another to show the element of time. David Hockney experimented with this but from what I have read he was never really satisfied or very fond of his photography work. He considered himself a painter. He took photogaphs and layered them on top of one another as studies for his paintings. He is my inspiration for this new series im working on. I find it appealing to show how time effects the single image. I find it interesting to capture three different poses (as in this self portrait) to exemplify (did i spell that right?) the essence of time. I have been trying to do that with a single image but I do not feel its as strong as using multiple images. You can tell a story, create a character, movement, esscense......Its about capturing multiple seconds in one single scene. This self portrait im still working on. . . . . .


No comments: